RES21001 ATSF Topeka built Bx-94 50' XMLI 10'0" Offset Door, Delivery 4-65 (2nd RUN)
PLEASE NOTE: This is a RESERVATION product ONLY. Please do not add current in stock items to your RESERVATION product order, any additional cars will not be held as part of this reservation. We are expecting a delivery window some time in 2021 and the general price will be in line with current RTR prices. When the product becomes available to purchase we will send out invoices for your payments in the order we received them. So, the earlier you place your reservation the earlier you will be notified. We are trying to be better at producing the correct quantities of cars that our customers want.
The RESERVATIONS close on the 31st of August 2020. Reservations received by the deadline will guarantee the models ordered but also help us to determine accurate quantities per item to our factory. You can also place your reservations with any of our current dealers.
In 1965 the Santa Fe Topeka Shops started to build one of their most successful insulated boxcar designs, mechanical code XMLI. They manufactured 1450 cars up to 1967 over three series of cars, the Bx-94, Bx-97 and Bx-114 series. These CADILLAC of boxcars, include all types of features that garner the highest class of service. They were insulated, had Side-wall Fillers, Load Dividers and Removeable Bars & Gates depending on individual car numbers. All had the famous Super SHOCK CONTROL cushioned underframe. The design adherence to the Plate B clearance standard translated to unlimited service to all rail lines in the USA, Canada and Mexico. They lasted in service well into the BNSF era beyond 1995.
- Different right-hand door stops between Bx-94 and Bx-97 classes
- Differing lettering placements for individual car numbers
- Accurately applied roofwalks or not with cut down ladders to match era specific schemes
- Car number specific handbrakes, Ajax, Ellcon-National, Equipco, Klasing or Universal
- Cushioning device Keystone DA-20B - Super SHOCK CONTROL
- Extra extended etched roofwalk specifically designed at the Topeka Shops
- Finely detailed etchings for cross-over and brake platforms and cut-levers
- Wire parts for ALL brake rods, air pipes, and stirrups in specific ATSF styles
- First and most accurate coupler draft key details on the draft gear coupler boxes
- Durable rubber air hoses and metal corner stirrups
- 70t Ride-Control trucks with metal wheels and axles
- Highly detailed Stanray 4-4 ends uniquely used by the Topeka Shops
- ATSF style ladders on sides and ends
- Researched accurate lettering, from the smallest stencils to differing left and right sides
- Kadee ”Scale” Whisker couplers