RES22000-SOO North Fond du Lac 50' RBL 10'0" Offset Door UNDEC KIT
PLEASE NOTE: This is a RESERVATION product ONLY. Please do not add current in stock items to your RESERVATION product order, any additional cars will not be held as part of this reservation. We are expecting a delivery window some time in 2021 and the general price will be in line with current RTR prices. When the product becomes available to purchase we will send out invoices for your payments in the order we received them. So, the earlier you place your reservation the earlier you will be notified. We are trying to be better at producing the correct quantities of cars that our customers want.
The RESERVATIONS close on the 31st of August 2020. Reservations received by the deadline will guarantee the models ordered but also help us to determine accurate quantities per item to our factory. You can also place your reservations with any of our current dealers.
In 1966 and 1967 the SOO LINE North Fond du Lac Shops started to build two series of PCF kit insulated boxcar designs, mechanical code RBL. They manufactured 50 cars up to May 1967 over two series of cars. These CADILLAC of boxcars, include all types of features that garner the highest class of service. They were insulated, had Side-wall Fillers, Load Dividers and Adjustable Bulkheads. All had End of Car Cushioning units from Freightmaster, Type E. The design adherence to the Plate B clearance standard translated to unlimited service to all rail lines in the USA, Canada and Mexico.
- Almost identical sides for the SOO
- One Stanray roof without roof walks
- Multiple handbrakes, Ajax, Ellcon-National, Equipco, Klasing or Universal
- Cushioning device EOCC FM ME-10
- Finely detailed etchings for cross-over and brake platforms and cut-levers
- Wire parts for ALL brake rods, air pipes, and stirrups included
- Durable rubber air hoses and metal corner stirrups
- 70t Ride-Control trucks with metal wheels and axles
- Highly detailed Stanray R/3-4 ends with low ladders
- Kadee ”Scale” Whisker couplers