33020 ROCK Repaint AX 3-77, FGE 50' RBL Plt B 7+7R 10-1 Ctr Door
MonteIn 1963 Fruit Growers Express at their Alexandria, VA plant started to build a standard car design for the RBL market. Specifically a centered 10-foot wide door opening was central to the insulated boxcar design (specific door opening ranged from 10-1 to 10-2). This popular configuration spread across the most reporting marks of all the FGE catalogued items. FGE purchased their underframes already pre-assembled by fabricators Berwick in PA they were shipped to the Alexandria plant to be rivet assembled. The entire boxcar was riveted together from the bottom up, in the 7+7 R pattern. These were insulated (foamed-in-place), had proven 20-inch cushioned underframe. Many types and configurations and combinations of loaders were used as per customer specifications.
All assigned to food products from the vast ROCK network. Some suggestions would be flour, corn products, dog foods, canned goods and chemicals.
- Overhanging Stanray roof with Morton crossover platforms
- Perfect to prototype Stanray T3-4 welded ends, with separate roofwalk end bracket
- Car sides FGE signature rivetted, with FGE style ladders, with specific prototype door stops, door gussets and sill design
- Accurate Moloco's cushioned draft gear coupler boxes
- Specific cushioning devices and associated underframe layout and details dependent on roadname
- Rubber airhoses the first in the industry by Moloco