DG-0408FMC FMC CUSHION DRAFT GEAR
This kit is ONLY available DIRECT.
When car builders built center of car cushioned underframes, they used proprietary designed "draft gear" housings. No matter which cushioning device was specified by the customer the sliding sill and carrier design were unique to the car builders. These draft gear designs were very obvious when looking at the end of the car. NEVER BEFORE MOULDED DRAFT KEY DETAIL!!! Very similar to the ACF version, see prototype photos.
Cushion devices used with this Draft Gear
- ACF Freight-Saver 20B [MOLOCO kit CU-0403]
- Keystone Shock Control DA-20 and SA-20 (made famous by the Santa Fe) [MOLOCO kits CU-0402 and CU-0404]
- Dresser Hydra-Cushion (extensively used by the SP/SSW) [MOLOCO kit CU-0405]
- Sliding Sills (2) - "coupler box" same width as Kadee #78 box
- Carrier Plates (2) - "coupler covers"
- Fixed Sill "wings" (4)
- Set of M2 screws (6) use 1/16" tap drill for car body mounting
- Solid air pipe (2)
- MOLOCO rubber air hoses (2) mount on Carrier Plates.