11000-00 General American 50' RBL Sill 1/ 10'6" Offset Door/ Wide Rods UNDEC KIT
In 1962 General American Corp. started to build their most popular insulated boxcar designs, a refinement of their proven 1950s design. One of the major developments for the car design and unique to General America was it's all welded body construction, where only the roof was bolted on after insulation. These CADILLACs of the boxcar market were insulated, proven 20-inch cushioned underframe, had a variety of load restraining devices per customer specifications.
Design features faithfully rendered in the kit
- Newly tooled Overhanging Stanray roof capable of accepting etched roofwalks or Moloco's Roofwalk Brackets
- Perfect to prototype Stanray R3-4 welded ends, with GA style ladders and crossover platforms
- Car sides welded, with GA style ladders, fitted with specific to prototype door stops, door gussets and sill design
- Selection of 10 types of handbrake specific to customer needs
- General American cushioned frame and floor configurations depending on prototype with Moloco's cushioned draft gear coupler boxes
- Choice of 2 types of cushioning devices, Hydra-Cushion and Keystone
- Ride-Control 70t Friction Bearing trucks (Tangent Scale Models)
- Barber S-2-C 70t Roller Bearing trucks (Accurail)
- Rubber airhoses (MOLOCO)
RAILROADS for this design
- Delaware & Hudson
- Erie Lackawanna
- Kansas City Southern
- Missouri Pacific
- Norfolk & Western
- Rock Island
- The Rock
- Union Pacific
- Click here for Mask Island Decals for RI and coming soon ROCK and SLSF!
- Click here for Prime Mover Decals for EL!
- Click here for Highball Graphics decals for D&H!
- Click here for Microscale decals for MILW, Mopac, ROCK, KCS, N&W, CR and UP!