11051-02 D&H 28124 Repaint O-4-77, GA 50' RBL Sill 1/ 10'6" Offset Door/ Wide Rods
Conrail and the D&H split the quantities of the ex-EL GA RBLs. Once the EL came into the CR fold, the D&H exploded in size in route miles and rolling stock. These cars were some of the first full repaints after Conrail for the revitalized D&H.
In 1962 General American Corp. started to build their most popular insulated boxcar designs, a refinement of their proven 1950s design. One of the major developments for the car design and unique to General America was it's all welded body construction, where only the roof was bolted on after insulation. These CADILLACs of the boxcar market were insulated, had 20-inch cushioned underframes, and a variety of load restraining devices per customer specifications.
RETURN TO MILW CEDAR RAPIDS IOWA (Quaker Oats service)
- Roofwalk brackets on our famous thin edged Overhanging Stanray roof
- Perfect to prototype Stanray R3-4 welded ends, with GA style ladders and crossover platforms
- Car sides welded, with GA style ladders, fitted with specific to prototype door stops, door gussets and sill design
- Prototype correct handbrake specific to customer orders
- General American cushioned frame and floor configurations depending on prototype with Moloco's cushioned draft gear coupler boxes
- Appropriate cushioning devices, Hydra-Cushion or Keystone
- Appropriate to prototype trucks, Moloco 70t Barber S-2-A FB trucks
- Rubber airhoses
- Metal air piping and brake rigging along with tough corner stirrups