33055-01 TP&W 51019 Repaint AX 8-76, FGE 50' RBL Plt B 7+7R 10-1 Ctr Door
In 1963 Fruit Growers Express at their Alexandria, VA plant started to build a standard car design for the RBL market. Specifically a centered 10-foot wide door opening was central to the insulated boxcar design (specific door opening ranged from 10-1 to 10-2). This popular configuration spread across the most reporting marks of all the FGE catalogued items. FGE purchased their underframes already pre-assembled by fabricators Berwick in PA they were shipped to the Alexandria plant to be rivet assembled. The entire boxcar was riveted together from the bottom up, in the 7+7 R pattern. These were insulated (foamed-in-place), had proven 20-inch cushioned underframe, Keystone. Many types and configurations and combinations of loaders were used as per customer specifications.
TP&W assigned these cars to their Agent in East Peoria, ILL.
Design features faithfully rendered in the assembled car
- Overhanging Stanray roof with the first CORRECT Morton Roofwalk and crossover platforms
- Perfect to prototype Stanray T3-4 welded ends, with separate roofwalk end bracket
- NEW car sides FGE signature rivetted, with FGE style ladders, with specific prototype door stops, door gussets and sill design
- Accurate Moloco's cushioned draft gear coupler boxes
- Specific cushioning devices and associated underframe layout and details dependent on roadname
- NEW MOLOCO Ride-Control 70t Roller Bearing trucks
- Rubber airhoses the first in the industry by Moloco