33200-Keystone All yellow, Assembled, FGE 50' RBL Plt B 7+7R 10 Ctr Door-door loop
In 1963 Fruit Growers Express at their Alexandria, VA plant started to build a standard car design for the RBL market. Specifically a centered 10-foot wide door opening was central to the insulated boxcar design (specific door opening ranged from 10-1 to 10-2). This popular configuration spread across the most reporting marks of all the FGE catalogued items. FGE purchased their underframes already pre-assembled by fabricators Berwick in PA they were shipped to the Alexandria plant to be rivet assembled. The entire boxcar was riveted together from the bottom up, in the 7+7 R pattern. These were insulated (foamed-in-place), had a proven 20-inch cushioned underframe Keystone. Many types and configurations and combinations of loaders were used as per customer specifications. Many were leased and then re-leased a few times more, passing from one set of reporting marks to others.
See below for decals suitable for these ready to decal cars!
Design features faithfully rendered in the assembled car
- Overhanging Stanray roof with the first CORRECT Morton Roofwalk and crossover platforms
- Perfect to prototype Stanray T3-4 welded ends, with separate roofwalk end bracket
- NEW car sides FGE signature rivetted, with FGE style ladders, with specific prototype door stops, door gussets and sill design
- Accurate Moloco's cushioned draft gear coupler boxes
- Choice cushioning devices Keystone and associated underframe layout and details
- NEW MOLOCO Ride-Control 70t Roller Bearing trucks
- Rubber airhoses the first in the industry by Moloco