42011 RBBQ delivery (2nd Run), FGE 50' RBL Plt B 7+7ADR 12-2 Ctr Door
In 1965 Fruit Growers Express at their Alexandria, VA plant started to build a custom car design for the Procter and Gamble Company (P&G) of Cincinnati, OH. P&G specifically required a 12-foot wide door opening and FGE re-designed their popular insulated boxcar design to the customers requests. FGE purchased their underframes already pre-assembled by fabricators Berwick in PA they were shipped to the Alexandria plant to be rivet assembled. The entire boxcar was riveted together from the bottom up, this included the unique 7+7 ADR (alternate double rivet pattern). These CADILLACs of the FGE fleet were insulated (foamed-in-place), had a proven 20-inch cushioned underframe (Keystone and Freight-Saver), all had Evans DFB Bulkhead loaders and Evans Side-wall Fillers as per customer specifications for palletized loads. Very late in their careers once off P&G service they have been used for other assignments like beer loading at Coors, Golden, CO, amongst others.
We have now made the full roster of these cars with this second run of cars.
- RBBQ 79950, 79952, 79953 assigned to P&G, AGENT KC TERMINAL KANSAS CITY, MISSOURI
- RBBQ 79956 assigned to P&G, AGENT CB&Q RR OMAHA, NEBRASKA
- Overhanging Stanray roof with the first CORRECT Morton Roofwalk and crossover platforms
- Perfect to prototype Stanray T3-4 welded ends, with separate roofwalk end bracket
- Car sides FGE signature ADR rivetted, with FGE style ladders, with specific prototype door stops, door gussets and sill design
- KEYSTONE FGE cushioned frame and floor configuration with Moloco's cushioned draft gear coupler boxes
- AJAX handbrakes
- MOLOCO Ride-Control 70t Roller Bearing trucks
- Rubber airhoses the first in the industry by Moloco