RES51003 NIRX (C&IM leased) Delivery '62, PCF 50' RBL Plt B 10-0 Offset Door, DF-B Bulkheads
PLEASE NOTE: This is a RESERVATION product ONLY. Please do not add current in stock items to your RESERVATION product order, any additional cars will not be held as part of this reservation. We are expecting a delivery window some time in 2024 and the general price will be in line with current RTR prices. We'll keep you up to date with a more specific dates later on. When the product becomes available to purchase we will send out invoices for your payments in the order we received them. So, the earlier you place your reservation the earlier you will be notified. We are trying to be better at producing the correct quantities of cars that our customers want.
In 1959 Pacific Car & Foundry (PC&F) worked with Southern Pacific to design and develop a new series of cars, Insulated Boxcars or RBLs. They started with centered 9-foot doored cars in a Plate B clearance for the canned and food stuffs trade that was needed on a majority of SP and it's subsidiary SSW's service areas. As the design developed over 3 years, in late 1962 a 10-foot offset doored design was designed. Which is the subject of this model.
The entire upper body of the boxcar was riveted together from the bottom sill up, in the 6+5 R pattern. Whereas the underframe was fully welded. These were insulated, had proven 20-inch cushioned underframes, usually Hydra-Cushion cushioning devices. Many types and configurations and combinations of loaders were used as per customer specifications, but these specifically had Moveable Bulkheads, or DF-B loaders.
C&IM leased from North American Car Company, reporting marks NIRX. It is believed that these were assigned to Pillsbury in Springfield, IL.
Design features faithfully rendered in the assembled car
- Overhanging Stanray roof or Pullman-Standard roof with CORRECT Roofwalk and crossover platform types for each roadname
- Perfect to prototype PCF versions of Stanray R3-4 riveted ends, with separate roofwalk end bracket
- Usual lettering differences per car number apply where they occur
- NEW car sides PCFsignature rivetted, with PCF style ladders, with specific prototype door stops, door gussets and sill design
- Accurate Moloco's cushioned draft gear coupler boxes
- Specific cushioning devices and associated underframe layout and details dependent on roadname, including another first for moloco, Delivery as well as Rebuild style underframes
- NEW MOLOCO 70t Roller Bearing trucks, Ride-Control, Barber or National style trucks matching protoype applications
- Rubber airhoses the first in the industry by Moloco