RES60105 DRGW Delivery NEW 8-71, ACF PLT C 50' Ext. Post Waffle XL, 10-0 Sliding door
PLEASE NOTE: This is a RESERVATION product ONLY. Please do not add current in stock items to your RESERVATION product order, any additional cars will not be held as part of this reservation. We are expecting a delivery window some time in late 2023 and the general price will be in line with current RTR prices. When the product becomes available to purchase we will send out invoices for your payments in the order we received them. So, the earlier you place your reservation the earlier you will be notified. We are trying to be better at producing the correct quantities of cars that our customers want. No more missing out or chasing up with dealers worldwide.
The RESERVATIONS close on the 30th of November 2022. Reservations received by the deadline will guarantee the models ordered but also help us to determine accurate quantities per item to our factory. You can also place your reservations with any of our current dealers.
ACF Industries (ACF) started producing this general type of 70t Plate C exterior post designed car in 1971, the design developed further into the seventies. The focus of boxcar design had moved away from general purpose interior posted cars to this more efficient welded cars. Specifically this version had a 10-foot sliding door with Waffles, which housed Evans DF-2 loaders. They were assigned for Lead and Copper bullion service out of the branchlines in Utah, with a return to their home yard of Salt Lake City. Obviously, copper and lead were precious metal so boxcar loading is a given. But all of this high valued loads would be heading east or west to the manufacturing centres through north america. Copper for copper tube and pipe manufacture commonly found in house plumbing or coils in appliances. The copper and lead uses in daily lives is endless.
- Specific cushioned or non-cushioned version specific to railroads specifications/orders
- Car number specific handbrakes, Ajax, Ellcon-National, Equipco, Klasing or Universal
- ACF draft gear designed tailored to each prototype, EOCC and COCC versions
- Multiple versions of door stops, waffles and non-waffles
- Durable rubber air hoses and metal corner stirrups
- 70t or 100t trucks with metal wheels and axles, type matched to prototype
- Highly detailed Stanray ends, two standard types never been produced before for Plate C cars, the 4-4 and R3-4 types
- Researched accurate lettering, from the smallest stencils to the nuisances of repainted cars
- Kadee ”Scale” Whisker couplers