RES60111 SCL Delivery NEW 1973, ACF PLT C 50' Ext. Post Waffle XM, 10-0 Plug door
PLEASE NOTE: This is a RESERVATION product ONLY. Please do not add current in stock items to your RESERVATION product order, any additional cars will not be held as part of this reservation. We are expecting a delivery window some time in late 2023 and the general price will be in line with current RTR prices. When the product becomes available to purchase we will send out invoices for your payments in the order we received them. So, the earlier you place your reservation the earlier you will be notified. We are trying to be better at producing the correct quantities of cars that our customers want. No more missing out or chasing up with dealers worldwide.
The RESERVATIONS close on the 30th of November 2022. Reservations received by the deadline will guarantee the models ordered but also help us to determine accurate quantities per item to our factory. You can also place your reservations with any of our current dealers.
ACF Industries (ACF) started producing this general type of 70t Plate C exterior post designed car after 1971, the design developed further into the seventies. The focus of boxcar design had moved away from general purpose interior posted cars to this more efficient welded cars. Specifically this version had a 10-foot plug door, so a clean flush fitting interior for clean, snag and dust free ladings like Paper Products. I notable visual difference in the car side was the use of waffles to strengthen the side walls without a weight gain. Even though were marked XM or general service boxcar, the virtue of the plug door and Lading Strap Anchors for lading containment were built with some specific loads required with many on-line customers. One of SCL mainstay customer types for this type of car would have been the paper mills that they serviced throughout the system. Although I'm sure other loads needing a clean interior would bring revenue to the SCL. Interestingly, unlike fellow south-east railroad owners of the same design Clinchfield and L&N who ordered their almost identical with EOCC cushioning. The SCLs 500 roster strong order lack any cushioning, therefore received the SCL oxide red scheme, with a classy Service Customers Like.
- Specific cushioned or non-cushioned version specific to railroads specifications/orders
- Car number specific handbrakes, Ajax, Ellcon-National, Equipco, Klasing or Universal
- ACF draft gear designed tailored to each prototype, EOCC and COCC versions
- Multiple versions of door stops, waffles and non-waffles
- Durable rubber air hoses and metal corner stirrups
- 70t or 100t trucks with metal wheels and axles, type matched to prototype
- Highly detailed Stanray ends, two standard types never been produced before for Plate C cars, the 4-4 and R3-4 types
- Researched accurate lettering, from the smallest stencils to the nuisances of repainted cars
- Kadee ”Scale” Whisker couplers