RES70534 GN 36511 St. Cloud built 50' XM Combo 14-0 Dr. Repaint Glacier Green Big Sky Blue
PLEASE NOTE: This is a RESERVATION product ONLY. Please do not add current in stock items to your RESERVATION product order, any additional cars will not be held as part of this reservation. We are expecting a delivery window some time in early 2023 and the general price will be in line with current RTR prices. When the product becomes available to purchase we will send out invoices for your payments in the order we received them. So, the earlier you place your reservation the earlier you will be notified. We are trying to be better at producing the correct quantities of cars that our customers want. No more missing out or chasing up with dealers worldwide.
The RESERVATIONS close on the 15th of June 2022. Reservations received by the deadline will guarantee the models ordered but also help us to determine accurate quantities per item to our factory. You can also place your reservations with any of our current dealers.
After many years of successful 40-foot boxcar design and manufacturing at the Great Northern (St. Cloud) Shops in St. Cloud, MN, times were changing and that meant cars needed to get longer. After many years of experience with combination doored boxcars in the forty-foot length the St. Cloud Shops started to build one of their most successful group of 50-foot Combo door boxcar designs, 500 in total from St. Cloud of this specific design. With the retention of the 6-foot sliding door was a sign that GN was serious about a multi-purpose design for diverse loads, from grains to lumber. Being of Plate B clearance standard translated to unlimited service to all rail lines in the USA, Canada and Mexico.
These cars came in multiple paint schemes, but the initial orders came in Glacier Green with probably the first use of Rocky character on a series of boxcars. Along with a red Slanted GREAT NORTHERN lettering on the right side of the car body. GN was not shy about advertising! Later on they received variations of that scheme, as well as the Empire scheme in Glacier Green and later the Big Sky Blue scheme . Of course, in typical GN style there were a fwe one-offs like the Glacier Green Big Sky Scheme, as well as a BN painted car with GN reporting marks and number. The paint kept on rolling into the BN era, with several subtle variations in the railroad green scheme.
- Differing lettering placements for individual car numbers for repainted cars
- Nailable Steel Floor (NSF) and high weight floor loading
- Accurately applied roofwalks or not with cut down ladders to match era specific schemes
- Car number specific handbrakes, Ajax, Ellcon-National, Equipco, Klasing or Universal
- Fixed frame design with manual brake wear controls
- St. Cloud designed ladders and other appliances
- Wire parts for ALL brake rods, air pipes, and stirrups in specific GN styles
- Durable rubber air hoses and metal corner stirrups
- 50t trucks with metal wheels and axles
- Highly detailed welded Stanray R3-4 ends uniquely used by the St. Cloud Shops
- Researched accurate lettering
- Kadee ”Scale” Whisker couplers