RES75052 Omaha 50' Combo 15-2 boxcar, BC-50-5, Ship & Travel... scheme 5-64
PLEASE NOTE: This is a RESERVATION product ONLY. Please do not add current in stock items to your RESERVATION product order, any additional cars will not be held as part of this reservation. When the product becomes available to purchase we will send out invoices for your payments in the order we received them. So, the earlier you place your reservation the earlier you will be notified. We are trying to be better at producing the correct quantities of cars that our customers want. No more missing out or chasing up with dealers worldwide.
The RESERVATIONS close on the 30th of March 2023. Reservations received by the deadline will guarantee the models ordered but also help us to determine accurate quantities per item to our factory. You can also place your reservations with any of our current dealers.In 1959 the Omaha shops of the Union Pacific designed and built combination door boxcars to add to the then current fledgling 50' combination boxcar fleet. This class of boxcar was the largest combination boxcar that Omaha built at 800 strong along with the almost identical BC-50-6 class of 300 cars for a total of 1100 cars being built in 1959 and 1960. The utility of the 15'2" door opening afforded the UP a very flexible workhorse for their growing 50' fleet. Mainly employed in forest products trade like lumber, plywood, pulpboard and paper, they also were used in other diverse service for bagged minerals, feeds, machinery, brick, brass, copper or aluminium ingot service. They were free-runners so these are just a few examples of anything anywhere cars.
- Differing lettering placements for individual car numbers for repainted cars
- Car number specific handbrakes, Ajax, Ellcon-National, Equipco, Klasing or Universal
- Omaha designed frame along with NSF nailable steel floors
- Multiple versions of door stops, and grab irons define the two classes
- Durable rubber air hoses and metal corner stirrups
- 50t trucks with metal wheels and axles, type matched to prototype
- Highly detailed Stanray R3-4 ends uniquely used to this design, along with ladders
- Researched accurate lettering, from the smallest stencils to the nuisances of repainted cars
- Kadee ”Scale” Whisker couplers